Here are the guidelines for a Coaching session:
- The Coach Write will be conducted over the phone, Skype, Google Hangout, or Fuze. It’s your choice. You’ll choose one when you book the session. The booking software will also ask you for your phone number if you choose to meet by phone, your Skype name if you choose to meet over Skype, etc. so I know how to contact you.
- Since all Coach Writing is conducted online or by phone, you can live anywhere in the world and still “meet” with me.
- My job is to help you however I can and however you need. If you want to spend the whole time asking questions about the music business, that’s fine. If you want to spend the whole time playing and discussing your music, that’s fine. It’s your time, and I just want to be helpful.
- If you want me to listen to a song or songs, email the mp3 or link AND the lyrics about one hour before our session.
- During our session, I may suggest lines or ideas for your song. This is NOT a cowrite. You are free to use any of those ideas without putting my name on the song. This is part of the coaching session, and you are free to use any of my suggestions in your song.
- You can ask me anything. I may not have all the answers, but no topic or question is off limits, stupid or “too beginner.”
- If you ask for feedback on your song, I’ll give you my honest, professional opinion. But remember, nobody knows everything. Pros are wrong every day. If I love your song, I might be the only one. If I hate your song, I might be the only one. But then again, I may not be…
- I love songwriting, and I love talking about songwriting. Therefore, be prepared to have fun- and learn a lot!
Ready to book a Coach Writing or Coaching session? You can do that below. I look forward to working with you!